- Environmental hazards: Assessing risk and reducing disaster;
- Environmental Hazards: Assessing Risk and Reducing Disaster - Keith Smith - Google книги!
- Urban Risk Reduction: An Asian Perspective (Community Environment and Disaster Risk Management)!
- Customer Reviews.
- Stanford Libraries.
Part Two employs a consistent chapter structure to demonstrate how individual hazards, such as earthquakes, severe storms, floods and droughts, plus biophysical and technological processes, create distinctive impacts and challenges throughout the world. The ways in which different societies can make positive responses to these threats are placed firmly in the context of sustainable development and global environmental change. A new concluding chapter that summarizes the globalization of hazard and critically examines the latest perspectives on climate-related disasters.
Fresh perspectives on the reliability of disaster data, disaster risk reduction, severe storms, droughts and technological hazards.
More boxed sections with a focus on both generic issues and the lessons to be learned from a carefully selected range of recent extreme events. An annotated list of key resources, including further reading and relevant websites, for all chapters. More information about this seller Contact this seller. Never used!.
Environmental Hazards: Assessing Risk and Reducing Disaster | Emerald Insight
Seller Inventory P Book Description Routledge. Seller Inventory NEW Ships with Tracking Number!
Buy with confidence, excellent customer service!. Seller Inventory n. Prof Keith Smith ; Keith Smith.
Join Kobo & start eReading today
Publisher: Routledge , This specific ISBN edition is currently not available. View all copies of this ISBN edition:. Synopsis About this title This substantially revised 3rd Edition of Environmental Hazards , argues that knowledge about hazards and hazard mitigation, must be better applied to reduce death and destruction, particularly in developing countries.
Review : "'The author's master of this complicated subject is reflected in the way the book is clearly written and well-structured Holt, University College Northampton on the 2nd Edition " Synopsis : Disasters - both natural and tchnological - continue to take their toll on human life and property world-wide. Different types of hazard create different losses in different countries. Volume 47 , Issue 4 December Pages Related Information.
Close Figure Viewer. Browse All Figures Return to Figure.
We’re listening — tell us what you think
Previous Figure Next Figure. Email or Customer ID. Forgot password?
Old Password. New Password.
- The Priestly Vision of Genesis I?
- Metric Structures in Differential Geometry.
- Shop internationally at Kmart!
- Environmental Hazards: Assessing Risk and Reducing Disaster.
- Environmental hazards: Assessing risk and reducing disaster.
- Duration, Convexity, and Other Bond Risk Measures (Frank J. Fabozzi Series);
- Environmental hazards: Assessing risk and reducing disaster - Semantic Scholar.
Password Changed Successfully Your password has been changed.
Related Environmental hazards: assessing risk and reducing disaster
Copyright 2019 - All Right Reserved